One of my favorite blogs, Highchairs and Headaches, recently nominated me for the Lighthouse Award which is given to blogs that inspire. I am honored not because I feel like such an honor is due to me, but rather because I like Jeannine’s blog so much for her honest, humorous, and sometimes sarcastic take on parenting. One of my favorite posts by her is titled Cuteness Overload and I will think a lot less of you if you don’t like it as much as I did, which is a ton.
Having said that, inspiration is a squirrely thing. I am unsure how exactly the things I say inspire but I will avoid the rabbit hole of self doubt and simply say thanks to all who care to read the things I say. We all like to be liked.
The Lighthouse Rules state:
- Display the Award Certificate
- Write a post with a link back to the blogger that nominated you (I hope it works. I am a cyber ignoramus)
- Nominate other bloggers and inform them
- Share three ways you like to help others
- Have fun (This last one is a little cheesy but I will go with it)
So here are the three ways I help other people:
- I have dedicated my entire existence to three ungrateful, constantly hungry, noisy, and occasionally smelly people. I’m not saying I’m Gandhi, but that’s mainly because I’m not from India.
- The other day I made fresh French bread for someone’s birthday. You know who you are, and I rock because of it.
- When my daughter failed her math test as I was writing this and started to cry, I consoled her. And then I made her take it again.
Here are some other awesome blogs that I follow and due henceforth nominate:
Check these out!
I understand that the accompanying photo with my last blog entry may offend some, but it made me laugh so much I just had to add it. It was, contrary to this award, not intended to inspire you.